Job Code: 571
Location: Antelope Valley
Program/Department: Primary Care Clinics
Reports To: Clinic Administrator/Designee
Salary Range: Staring salary based on experience, qualification, and budget. (100% time – 40 hours per week)
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Position Purpose: The Phlebotomy Technician will provide phlebotomy services to patients of the Wesley Health Centers-Antelope Valley.
- Complete patient forms and elicit information for patient history.
- Obtain patients’ vital signs and specimens for diagnostic testing by means of venipuncture of skin in accord with standardized protocols and procedures.
- Assist in providing patient referrals and maintaining a logbook.
- Review charges for completion on necessary forms and directives.
- Order educational materials, all necessary forms, and medical office supplies as needed.
- Assist the medical staff during the exam.
- Collect and input data for billing and reporting purposes.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Phlebotomy certificate.
- At least one (1) year’s experience in clinical setting.
- CPR Certificate. Training may be provided.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.