Job Code: 575
Location: Antelope Valley
Program/Department: Primary Care Clinics
Reports To: Chief Medical Officer
Salary Range: Staring salary based on experience, qualification, and budget. (100% time – 40 hours per week)
FLSA Status: Exempt
Position Purpose: The position is responsible for the evaluation, treatment, and ongoing medical management of pediatric and adolescent patients, as assigned. The position collaborates with the medical director as described in the established protocol. Has operational responsibility on primary care team. Position reports to physician team leader responsible for pediatric care teams. The physician specialist will have a nurse assist in patient case management.
- Provides medical care to pediatric and adolescent patients.
- Provides consultation to the nurses and clinical staff.
- Consults with chief medical officer regarding work performance of nurse practitioners and nurses.
- Consults training or assist in training of medical students, interns, residents, nurse practitioners and other related health professionals.
- Coordinates medical care of assigned patients.
- Consults with other staff physicians and para-medical personnel regarding medical management of patients and quality of medical and diagnostic work performed.
- Confers with chief medical officer on management issues.
- Confers on the planning and direction of the pediatric care team.
- Participates in medical and services utilization audits, peer review and quality assurance activities.
- Current California Physician & Surgeon License.
- Current DEA Certificate.
- Current CPR Certification.
- Ability to travel from site to site as needed.
- Experience in working with clients and staff from diverse socio-economic, ethnic, and cultural background.