Job Code: 576
Location: Antelope Valley
Program/Department: Primary Care Clinics
Reports To: Chief Medical Officer
Salary Range: Staring salary based on experience, qualification, and budget. (100% time – 40 hours per week)
FLSA Status: Exempt
Position Purpose: The position is responsible for providing podiatric management and services to assigned clinic patients. The position collaborates with the medical director as described in the established protocol. Position reports to physician team leader responsible for primary care teams. The physician specialist will have a nurse assist in patient case management.
- Provides podiatric care to indigent primary care patients.
- Provides consultation to the nurses and clinical staff.
- Consults with other staff physicians and para-medical personnel regarding medical management of patients and common podiatric problems encountered in the clinic.
- Confers on the planning and direction of the primary care team as it relates to the podiatry.
- Provides the following procedures: nail debridement, callus trimmings, wart excision, ingrown nail excision, injection therapy (corticosteriods, local anesthetics), excision cutaneous skin lesions, nail matixectomy, skin ulcer treatment (debridement), strapping/taping of the foot and ankle, and closed reductions of minor foot fractures.
- Current California Physician & Surgeon License.
- Current DEA License.
- Must be a specialist in Podiatry.
- Current CPR Certification.
- Board Certification.
- Experience in working with clients and staff from diverse socio-economic, ethnic, and cultural background.