Job Code: 593
Location: Los Angeles
Program/Department: Behavioral Health
Reports To: Program Manager
Salary Range: Staring salary based on experience, qualification, and budget. (100% time – 40 hours per week)
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Position Purpose: Work within an interdisciplinary team to support clients with mental illness and co-occurring substance use through counseling, skill building, holding groups and case management.
- Provide client assessment as needed to determine appropriate program planning and implementation of agency services
- Provide psycho-education to clients, community members or family members on substance abuse and effects on mental health symptoms or the other way around
- Provide case management as needed for client as directed by client treatment plan and assessment.
- Completed documentation according to the funding source in a timely and accurate manner.
- Conduct individual counseling sessions to as assigned caseload of substance abuse clients
- Act as a facilitator of substance abuse related group sessions
- Maintain accurate client files in accordance with program guidelines
- Assist with coordinating outreach activities
- Interface with outside agencies and the judicial system relative to registered clients
- Possess a thorough knowledge of, and sensitively for the needs of our clients
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor Degree in Social Work/Social Welfare, Psychology, Marriage Family and Child Counseling or Certified Counselor with one (1) year experience
- Work experience as a substance abuse counselor
- Must have valid California drivers license, proof of insurance and excellent driving record
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent documentation skills
- Perform multiple tasks while demonstrating the ability to work within a team structure
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) ability.