Job Code: 590
Location: Los Angeles
Program/Department: Behavioral Health / DMH
Reports To: Director of Behavioral Health – Designee
Salary Range: Staring salary based on experience, qualification, and budget. (100% time – 40 hours per week)
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Position Purpose: Within the regulatory scope of practice and under the direction of a Registered Nurse, the LVN assists in the provision of direct patient care by performing routine patient care procedures, technical and supportive functions in the clinical setting for clients enrolled in JWCH mental health programs.
- Performs routine patient care functions as prescribed by established policies and procedures within defined scope of education, training and responsibilities.
- Uses and practices “basic assessment” (e.g. data collection), patient care and documents pertinent patient information and data in accordance with the policies and procedures of JWCH and the standards of LVN practice.
- Work within a multidisciplinary team to support client suffering from chronic mental illness with addressing co-occurring medical needs including medical coordination, assessment and accompaniment.
- Contributes to evaluation of the patient’s individualized interventions related to the care plan and treatment plan.
- Conduct case management as needed by client in clinic and in the field.
- Conducts patient education and supports patient’s self management goals according to JWCH policies and procedures.
- Maintains confidentiality for all documents that contain patient identifier information.
- Maintains standards of cleanliness, organization and an adequate level of supplies for the exam rooms or assigned work area
- Participates in assigned staff and other meetings, including quality improvement, case conferences and in-service meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Current and valid California LVN License,
- Current BLS card from the American Heart Association,
- At least one-year experience in mental health setting or working with mentally ill population
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing,
- Experience in working with clients and staff from diverse socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds,
- Current and valid California Driver’s License with current car insurance.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish).