Recuperative Care Program
The Recuperative Care Program – Bell Shelter is a joint effort between JWCH Institute, Inc. and the Salvation Army to provide recuperative care for homeless persons recently discharged from area hospitals with nowhere to go to recover. This location maintains 30 beds along with 24-hour nursing care and other supportive services and is located at the Salvation Army’s Bell Shelter in the city of Bell. [Download brochure *] A continuum of services is offered to each client including, as appropriate.
Services offered at include:
- Health assessment
- Nursing care
- Confidential HIV counseling and testing
- Screening for STIs and TB
- Referrals for placement into transitional and/or permanent housing
- Three-meals a day with attention to special dietary needs
- Assistance in reuniting with family and other support networks
- Support groups to empower individuals
- Crisis intervention
By providing follow-up treatment, prevention education, stable housing, and job opportunities, the Recuperative Care Program not only fills gaps and provides a seamless system to combat homelessness but can also help stop the spread or progression of some diseases. However, despite the overwhelming need, the only program of this type in the Los Angeles area is the JWCH Institute’s program located at the Weingart Center and the Bell Shelter.
Case Managers: Please download the Referral Procedure Check-List * for programs access.
* Document is in pdf format. To download your free copy of Acrobat Reader, just click here.
24 hrs/7 days:
5600 Rickenbacker Rd., Bldg. 1-E
Bell, CA 90201
Tel: (323) 263-8840
Fax: (323) 263-8348
Please call our appointment center at 1-866-SEE-JWCH (1-866-733-5924) to set up an appointment.
View Larger Map