California Health Care Open Enrollment Ends Jan 31 2018
The California version of the ACA (Affordable Care Act, aka: “ObamaCare”) is managed through Covered California. If you currently do not have health care insurance, or if you wish to update and/or renew your current CC policy, you have until the end of January to do so. Here are a few specifics:
- Open enrollment for health coverage in 2018 is happening now and will end on Jan. 31, 2018.
- Current members can renew or change their health plans until Jan. 31.
- Medi-Cal and Covered California use the same application. When you apply, depending on factors such as your family size, income and citizenship or immigration status, you will find out whether you qualify for:
- A Covered California health plan, with or without financial assistance.
- • Medi-Cal.
- County Children’s Health Initiative Program.
- Medi-Cal Access Program for pregnant women.
For more information, please visit Covered California here.