A step-by-step guide to doing an at-home COVID-19 rapid antigen test
Make sure to read the instructions on the box, some tests may vary in its instructions.
- Wash your hands thoroughly with soap.
- The kit comes with three main items: a collection swab, a test strip and a small vial of liquid.
- Open the collection swab and insert it into each nostril, rotating five (5) times against the inner wall. You should insert the swab ½ to ¾ of an inch into the nostrils.
- Open the large cap and insert your swab into the vial, then stir the swab for 30 sec.
- Squeeze the sides of the vial against the swab as you pull it out.
- Open the test strip. You’ll see that it has both a “C” and a “T,”.
- Open the smaller, top cap on the vial of liquid, then squeeze four (4) drops of your sample into the collection area of the strip.
- Set a timer for 15 minutes. Don’t disturb the test strip during this time.
- Read your test.